FOX News

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sport Shorts

Jason Whitlock talks about why it doesn't pay to give veteran running backs the big bucks.
  • Jason Whitlock


  • Husker Extra has a short take on Nebraska basketball.
  • Husker Extra


  • 116 dogs taken from elderly woman. In addition to the dogs she had many other animals including a donkey.
  • Houston Chronicle


  • Joseph Duarte rates the BCS conferences. Who is #1?
  • Houston Chronicle


  • This writer is confident the Cornhuskers will be back on the winning track this. In fact, it should be a big victory. Nebraska is due in the turnover department. Nebraska is due in getting some breaks in the game. It is Senior Day and the last time 28 players will play in Lincoln except for Kenny Wilson who has a year of eligibility left. Look for NU to run more option. Look at NU to get to Josh Freeman and put pressure on him. Why, this week? Because we are DUE! NU 41 KSU 24.

    Why would an elderly lady have 116 dogs?

    Do you suppose AD Coach Osborne and Larry The Cable Guy have met?

    Coach Osborne: Larry, can I call you Dan?
    Larry The Cable Guy: Sure Coach, you can call me that. You know my grandma calls me Danny. You know my grandma has been having a lot of gas lately and..........
    Coach Osborne: That's ok Don, you don't have to get into to that. I just wanted to tell you that I am here to bring unity back to the state and get UNL's athletics, especially football back on track. We very much appreciate your donation for the player's lounge and we hope you continue to support the program.
    Larry The Cable Guy: Sure coach, did I tell that my sister has moles all over her face. She has so many moles that..........
    Coach Osborne: DON!! Uh, I need to get to my next meeting but I just wanted to..
    Larry The Cable Guy: Holy Frankenberries! Git-R-Done!!!!

    3 comments:

    bhartz13 said...

    I agree that we will win this week. However, I don't agree that we will get stuff because we are due. You can only be "Due" if you are playing well and just not getting the breaks you deserve. If you are playing poorly, you are not "Due" anything. You have to play well enough to make the senario happen to get breaks. Lately the Huskers haven't been putting themselves in situations to get a luck break.

    Johnny Boehler said...

    Well put elephant ears! Breaks can go our way however. When the ball is on the ground it bounces to us vs. the other team. If we get early breaks, our psychic will be better and play efficiency and effort will go up.

    bhartz13 said...

    What a win!!!!!!!