FOX News

Friday, December 21, 2007

"My Dream Job" PART 2




List five highlights while you were working at the office?

The people I worked with and met; The Bowl games (2 Alamo Bowls and the Cotton Bowl); Getting to know the players; Meeting the recruits and their families; The perks

What was your proudest day of being in the office?

My proudest day in the office was when my boss, Tim Cassidy, asked me if I would be interested in the Recruiting Staff Asst. position. I was still a student in the office and was looking for a job - I couldn't have asked for anything better. I wasn't ready to leave so another part of my dreams came true!

What game was the most fun when you were in the office?

The best game I have been to during my time here was last year vs. Texas A&M. I will never forget the unbelievable atmosphere and that final catch. It was an amazing feeling to be in that stadium. Texas A&M ranks close behind Nebraska when it comes to a game day - incredible.

What was game day like?

Game days are very busy for us. I was in charge of coordinating the visits for the unofficial visits, as well as assisting with the official visits. I set up University Ambassadors to be paired with each recruit coming in. The official visitors each had a specific schedule - they see a variety of people during their weekend here. The unofficial recruits would come about 3 hours before game time. During this time, they would get a tour of the facilities and eat at the Nebraska Training Table, where the athletes eat each day. An hour before game time, I would lead them onto the field and they would watch warmups from the sidelines. After the Tunnel Walk, we would lead them up to their seats. Following the game, we would take the official visitors out to eat, to more appointments, etc. It was a very hectic, but exciting time for us in the recruiting office!

Was this your dream job?

This was my dream job. I remember back in high school, I would have given anything to be a part of this wonderful program. God directed my paths and my dreams come true. I will never forget my experience there.


What did you learn working at the office that you can take with you for the rest of your life?

I have learned so much from working there. One of the big things that I remember Bo saying back in 2003 is "You can only control what you can control." So I try to remember that through my every day life. I also have learned to cherish the people around me, and always be positive and friendly to those I meet. You never what kind of impression you will make on a person, or when/if you will get the chance to see them again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visit http://www.dofollowarticles.com to post articles in the following categories: flirt, carpets, pellet, diners, illegal, attorneys, Taxation and more...

Anonymous said...

Visit http://www.dofollowarticles.com to post articles in the following categories: greeks, hug, ebooks, appeti, berries, epidermis, aperture and more...

Anonymous said...

Visit http://www.dofollowarticles.com to post articles in the following categories: golfers, migraine, acquire, snapsafe, accelerator, salad, email and more...