FOX News

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sport Shorts


I feel as stupid as I look. This writer really thought that NU would beat Baylor. All the news was positive as NU was having some of their best practices all year and Baylor had basically given up. Now before the season was to start, Baylor was in most Top 25's. They had almost everybody back. But they had a terrible Big 12 season and "had given up."

Even though NU couldn't hit shots most of the season, against Baylor it had to be very frustrating as they couldn't get anything to drop. That is with the exception of Ade who was 9-15. Baylor looked like the Top 25 team they were supposed to be. They did one better today bu beating Kansas. That even makes me feel worse because I start to think what could have been. Texas is playing well now too. Missouri will be tough. Who knows who will win the tournament because it is wide open.

The Harlan County Lake is growing again. The elevation is 1946.36. This compares to 1942.56 on 3/11/08 and 1930.73 on 3/13/07. There are no outflows right now as they are disking the islands below the dam.

It will be interesting to see how Barry Turner comes out this spring. He is a difference-maker and with Suh and him in the line, well............

TO Owens is going to have a reality show on VH1. Oh boy...don't think I'll watch that one. Good luck to the Buffalo Bill's sideshow.

Florida and Oklahoma are the favorites in college football for 2009.

The NU baseball team is showing some promise. It will be a fun and interesting year. Will Adam Bailey continue his hitting? Will Belfonte start to hit? How about Yost and Hauptmann and the pitching. Khiry Cooper looks solid. They will continue to improve and who knows???

There will be a new ballpark in Sarpy County for the Omaha Royals. It will cause some renewed enthusiasm when it is completed.

I like Lincoln Southwest in Class A, Ralston or Beatrice in Class B, Hastings St. Cecilia in C-1, Ravenna in C-2, Giltner, D-1, and Hayes Center in D-2 in the Nebraska Boy's State Tournament. I wish I was there.....

The Hastings St Cecelia's 81-7 victory over Southern Valley earlier in the year is still one of the most amazing things this season. C-1 Southern Valley won nine games this year. 46-0 at halftime! Just amazing.

I brushed my teeth last week. What do you think?? Charming, I think.

2 comments:

bhartz13 said...

I think you need to brush again.

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree....