FOX News

Monday, September 21, 2009

My Cornhusker Friends

I owe my friend John Boehler an article after the Cornhuskers squeaked by the Arkansas State Red Wolves a couple of weeks ago. And, I was ready to sing the praises of the Cornhuskers thinking that they would beat Virginia Tech who is from the ACC (ugh!), but they let the Hokies beat them on the last drive. What gives?

I thought you guys had it turned around. I was ready to call you the front runner in the Big 12 North! I thought, "sure Missouri is better than expected, and sure Kansas has looked nice, but Nebraska has Pelini." I only hope that Virginia Tech is better than expected. Tyrod Taylor made an unexpected improvement in the passing game.

Well, I am sure Va Tech will be good before it is all over; they usually are. They will probably be in the thick of the ACC race, no doubt. I also think that Nebraska will be in the thick of the Big 12 North race!

Pelini has almost gotten them back. They are playing better defense, and the offense has been explosive at times. Of course, you have some kids from the Dallas-Fort Worth area who are helping you out!

I am rooting for the Cornhuskers. I hope they win the Big 12 North.

2 comments:

Johnny Boehler said...

Thanks for the post Todd! What's a good book to read? What is one of your favorites lately?

the toddler said...

I haven't read it yet, but Long Snapper by Jeffrey Marx should be a good one.

You can buy it here:

DFWfootball Store