FOX News

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sport Shorts

I am to the NBA again after being away for a few years. I watched the Miami Heat/Boston Celtic game Tuesday night when the Celtics beat the Heat at Miami. I found it rather enjoyable and I think the league has made some changes that allows them to play more like the college game. I would say I will cheer for the Thunder to beat the Heat but I am anxious to see Labron go against Durant.

The pregame is kind of a joke. It seems like the group which includes Magic Johnson is in left field with their commentary. I like Magic but some of those guys are bad in my opinion. After the Celtics beat the Heat and went ahead in the series 3-2, they spent an hour before the next game talking about how the Heat would not win and who would be traded from their team. I went on and on. I guess I got the feeling they really have NO idea whats to come and to listen to them is a waste of time.

The Session two NU football camp reportedly showed that there is a load of talent in the 2014 class. Lincoln Southeast's D. J. Foster has received an NU offer already. Millard North's Clay Fisher may be the best of the Fisher kids. Hoepfully Nebraska can land him.

Joey Logano won at Pocono today. He had won the pole but I never expected him to win the race. He needed a win. He took over the ride when Tony Stewart started his own team.

Last week NU hosted 2013 power forward Tory Miller from Lee Summit, Missouri. He is 6-8 and 247 lbs and has a Big 10 body. He will be a project but he could be a good one. He has offers from NU, Minnesota, Creighton, Colorado St. and Arkansas.

No comments: