FOX News

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Mom, Share Your Life With Me.....

May 20
Tell about your graduation exercises or traditions.
I just attended graduation.

May 21
What year did you graduate from high school?
I graduated from Holdrege High School in 1949.

May 22
How many students were in your high school? In your graduating class?
We had 64 graduates in 1949.

May 23
Tell if someone you envied and why.
I don't remember being envied of anybody.

May 24
Did you have homework?
yes.

May 25
Describe a very proud moment in your childhood.
I was proud to be able to stay with my cousins and Grandma Norman in Funk.

May 26
Tell about Memorial Day traditions during your youth.
We would go to the cemetary.

May 27
Share a special memory of Memorial Day.
I don't know of any special one. They were all special to go to the Cemetary.

May 28
Did you play a musical instrument?
The only musical instrument I played was the piano.

May 29
Tell of the closest friend you had during your childhood.
My cousin, Patty Norman Lane.

May 30
Is there anything you have now that you have kept from your childhood?
Pictures and a doll I got from my uncle Ted Norman.

May 31
Do you have any good bathtime stories?
We did have a bathroom with a bathtub but not running water.

June 1
Tell about a strange person that lived in your town.
We lived in the country and knew everyone around us.

June 2
What was the funniest name or nickname in town.
The called my brother Burton, Plut. I don't know why.

June 3
Did you ever sleep under the stars?
No.

June 4
Tell about hot dog or marshmellow roasting.
I don't remember any.

June 5
Did you ever camp out? Tell about it.
No.

June 6
Did you ever go on a snipe hunt?
No.

June 7
What food did you learn to cook or prepare first as a youth?
A breakfast.

June 8
Share a horse-riding story.
We had a white mule, Pete, but we couldn't get him to go when we got on him. So we would lead him out to the end of the driveway and jump on him and he would run back to the barn.

June 9
What was your first job?
My first job I had in high school I was usher at the theatre in Holdrege.

June 10
How much did you get paid?
I don't remember.

No comments: