FOX News

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Mom, Share Your Life With Me......

September 1

Do you remember any Labor Day traditions of your youth?
No.

September 2
Do you have a memory involving V.J. Day?
No.

September 3
What do you remember about your first day of school?
Went to District #11 about two miles from our farm. I don't remember the first day of school.

September 4
Tell about your school year calendars.
Didn't have one.

September 5
Tell about a school bully.
Didn't have any.

September 6
What do you remember doing at recess?
We used to play games out in the school yard at country school.

September 7
Tell about the playground equipment at your grade school.
I went to District 11-Country School. We lived 1 1/2 miles from school. We had swings, teeter totter, we played games mostly.

September 8
Did your parents make you wear something stupid to school?
I always wore overalls to school. everyone did.

September 9
Tell about who you thought the smartest kid in school and why.
I don't remember the smartest kid but Muriel Anderson in my grade was pretty smart.

September 10
Tell about who you thought was the dumbest kid in school and why.
I don't remember the dumbest kid in my school. I would say ????????.

September 11
Tell about the naughtiest kid in school.
I don't remember the naughtiest kid in school. I think all of us was naughty at one time.

September 12
Tell about a teacher's pet.
I don't remember any teacher's pet. In Country school everyone was treated the same.

September 13
Name the schools that you went to.
District#11-Country School, Axtell Public School 8th grade, Holdrege High School 9-12th grade, No college, went to Hastings to get my L.P.N.

September 14
What was your most embarrasing school moment?
I don't know.

September 15
What teacher did you dislike the most? Why?
Mrs. Palmer at Country School was very strict amd one day I whispered to a student next to me and she came and slapped me. Yet I liked her and we used to spend the weekends at her house by Elm Creek.

September 16
Did you ever have a crush on a teacher?
I don't think I ever had a crush on any teacher.

September 17
Who was the best tech you ever had? Why?
My best teacher was in Country School, District 11 in the 5th grade. Her name was Miss Palmer and she lived south of I80 on the Holdrege/Elm Creek road on the East side, a mile south of I80. She would have us come and stay with her and her parents on weekends.

September 18
Decribe your typical school day outfit.
My typical school day outfit was always overalls.

September 19
If you were ever in a fight tell about it.
I probably was in many fights and arguments, I don't remember having a physical fight except sometimes with my brother or sisters.

September 20
Tell about your worst report card.
I never did get real good grades on my report card so I really don't remember the worst ones.

September 21
What is the worst trick that you remember a student playing on a teacher?
I don't remember any.

September 22
What is the worst thing you remember a teacher doing to a student?
Slapping the student.

September 23
How did you get to and from school?
In grade school we walked 1 1/2 miles. In High School to Holdrege, rode with Erlene and Burotn in my freshman and sophomore classes. In my junior and senior year Mom and Dad got me a room in Holdrege where I lived. Went home on weekends.

September 24
Do you remember a special school custodian?
The teacher cleaned the school. I don't remember the custodian in high school.

September 25
What were your school colors?
My high school colors at Holdrege were purple and gold.

September 26
What was your school mascot?
I don't remember having any school mascot in country school or high school.

September 27
Tell about a memorable birthday cake.
My mother every birthday baked and decorated a cake for our birthdays. When we got married Dad and her would come for everyones birthday with a cake.

September 28
Did you ever have a "good Friend" who did something mean to you?
All the girls in country school wre very good friends. I can't think of anything they did that was mean to me.

September 29
How did your school observe Homecoming?
Holdrege High School always had homecoming but I never took part in any way.

September 30
Do you have any special Homecoming experiences to relate?
I don't remember any homecoming experiences.

No comments: