FOX News

Monday, October 13, 2014

Mom, Share Your Life With Me.....

October 1
Did your High School have cheerleaders? What did they wear?

Holdrege High School had cheerleaders. I never was one. They wore purple and gold cheerleader outfits.

October 2
Can you write any of your school cheers?

No. I was never involved in that.

October 3
Tell about any other extra-curricular activities.

I just played volleyball in High School. I didn't do anything else with sports.

October 4
Do you have a good piece of advice for me?

John-I guess maybe I have given you good advice because you have turned into a wonderful son. You are so good to us and helpful.. Thank you very much..(Thanks so much Mom!)

October 5
Do you have any special memories  about raking and burning leaves or mowing the lawn?

I don't have any memories of raking the lawn or mowing it. I think Dad did it with his mower and tractor on the farm.

October 6
If you ever played in the leaves, tell about it.

I don't remember playing in the leaves.

October 7
What allowance did you get?

When I stayed in Holdrege in my Junior and Senior year, I had an allowance of .25 cents per week.

October 8
Did you have to earn it?

When we were little we never had an allowance. I didn't get one until my Junior and Senior year. We did a lot of chores on the farm.

October 9
What was your most prized possession as a child?

My uncle Melvin Norman gave me a doll. I loved that doll. I still have it. It's in the cedar chest in the basement.

October 10
What is the strangest thing you ever saw in the sky?

When we were little we saw shooting stars which was fun to see.

October 11
Relate a story about a mouse in the house.

We always had mice in the house on the farm. I don't remember a story but used to have a lot of them.

October 12
Share a memory about a bat in the house.

When we lived on the farm after we got married, we used to have bats in the hosue. I can still see Connie with a broom chasing the bat around the dining room table in his shorts. I wish I would have had a video camera.

October 13
Did you ever have any other strange animal in the hosue?

When we lived on the farm after we were married we had snakes, bats, and mice in the house. How they got in I don't know.

October 14
Do you remember the first movie you ever saw? Who starred in it?

I don't remember the first movie. We used to go to a lot of movies on Saturday night. When I was in high school I was an usher at the movie theatre in Holdrege. The first time I went with Connie he came to the movie and got me to go to a dance in Orleans.

October 15
Do you have a good school pants-wetting story?

I really don't remember any pants wetting but I know when I was smaller whenever I laughed I would wet my pants. Sometimes it was embarrassing.

October 16
Tell about pulling or losing a baby tooth.

Dad would take a plier and pull our baby teeth out. Sometimes it would really hurt.

October 17
Did you ever lose something really important to you?

I don't think I did.

October 18
Did you ever lose or break something that belonged to someone else?

No.

October 19
Was an injustice ever done to you?

No.

October 20
Share a favorite fall memory.

Can't remember any.

October 21
Do you have a story about standing up against odds for something you really believed in?

No.

October 22
What is the farthest you ever ran or walked?

Going to school 2 miles everyday and walked it.

October 23
Did you ever pick apples?

Our neighbors Dean Schneider who lives one mile south of us had apple trees. We used to pick some on the way home from school.

October 24
If you had a watch, tell about it.

Mom and Dad gave me an Elgin watch for graduation. I loved that watch. It doesn't work anymore but I still have it.

October 25
What hobbies did you have as a youth?

None.

October 26
Share a memory about being very scared.

Being scred of Mom and Dad if we did something wrong.

October 27
Tell a story about a time when you dressed up in a costume.

Don't remember any.

October 28
Did you ever tell ghost stories?

No.

October 29
Do you have a good ghost or haunted house story to relate?

No.

October 30
What did people do at Halloween?

We didn't do anything out on the farm.

October 31
Do you have a special Halloween memory?

No.







No comments: