FOX News

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Brad Hartzog named "Employee of the Day" by PMHC


Brad Hartzog has been working at PMHC the past several months. He draws the blood of patients as a living. His record of "sticks" while trying to draw blood with no results had hit 6,211 in a row until today. Today he finally filled the tube with the red stuff. Bubba Skallzeak was the patient. One nurse said she had never seen a vein that big which she reported was "at least an inch wide."

The picture above was taken of Brad right after he was successful. Brad was both surprised and ecstatic. He said "I just got lucky. I really didn't do anything different."

In July of 2005, it was reported that Brad had stuck one person 14 times and wasn't successful. His perservence has now paid off.

When this reporter asked Adminstrator Joyce Hein as to whether Brad would be put in the "Employee of the Month" pool, she walked away and said"Over my dead body." Rhonda Johnson in public relations said that they probably wouldn't be working on any type of celebration or recognition for Brad. She said Brad would receive a $1 gift certificate to Drs Quincy and McCormick.

Brad looked as happy at 8:00 tonight as he did in this picture. "What a day!!" the phlebotomist exclaimed. "I think I now have that incredible intuitive ability to draw blood. I was just awesome!"

Tomorrow the humble Brad Hartzog will get up and head to work as any other day and do another day of hard work. Our hats off to BRAD HARTZOG!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was one of the funniest things I have ever read! Congratulations Brad! You truly are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Brad congrats, only thing is I thought you had bigger ears than the picture shows. I new that someday that you would be good at something, once again, good job!!!!!!

bhartz13 said...

I am very proud of this award and graciously accept it. Thanks to all you who believed in me and I couldn't have done it without my family and friends.