FOX News

Saturday, September 16, 2006

USC 28 NU 10

Nebraska played the top team in the nation tonight and gave a great effort. USC had the better talent but things could have been different if........

1. Andre Jones would have intercepted the pass in the second half. He had an easy trip to the end zone.

2. Marlon Lucky's fumble gave USC excellent field position and later they score a TD.

3. Cody Glenn's running would have helped as our success would have been from power vs speed tonight. USC was very quick and fast.

4. NU would have went to the pass more frequently and earlier in the game. It appeared we were trying to stay in the game by eliminating an huge turnovers and wait for some breaks to get us the lead. In the second half most of the breaks went to USC.

USC will have three or four players in the first round of the draft next year.

Danny Woodhead ran for four TD's and 324 yards as Chadron State upended Wayne State.

Joe Dailey did not play for North Carolina today and Josh freeman did not play for Kansas State.

The Big 12 is not a power this year. Five or six teams from the MAC Conference could play in the Big 12 and be very competitive.

Florida St and Miami (Fla) are down this year.

Top five college teams are 1) USC 2) Ohio St 3)Michigan 4)Auburn 5)Florida One team from the Pac-10, two from the Big 10 and two from the SEC.

1 comment:

bhartz13 said...

I definately have to disagree John boy. I don't believe USC is #1. I think Ohio St. and Michigan are both better. I'm not one to criticize the coach, but if I was, I would have a lot to say about the game. That could be why I am a spectator and he is the coach. If I was the coach and I did what I thought Callahan should have done, the score might have been 50-0 with USC winning. Ya never know? I still don't think we should drop out of the top 25 either. We are a great football team that might just need a little "star power." Hope we can win out now. Go big red, big twelve champs!