FOX News

Monday, April 02, 2007

Baseball has started!!!


The 2007 season has started and it should be a fun year. Barry Bonds should break the all-time home run record presently held by Henry Aaron. This should be a breakout year for the Royals. The Royals beat the powerful Red Sox today 7-1. Alex Gordon was 0-3 with two strikeouts. Watch for the Royals to challenge for a playoff bid in 2007.

The Cubs lost today which is no surprise. However they do have big news as the "Tribune" plans to sell at year-end. Billionaire entrepreneur Mark Cuban, Phoenix sports executive Jerry Colangelo and actor Bill Murray are among those reported or rumored to have interest, along with numerous Chicago business figures.This could be the break that will make them winners. The Red Sox sold in 2002 and after many years of not winning a World Series, they now have won.

The Royals will win more games than the Cubs in 2007 but watch for the Cubs to win the World Series by 2011. What's the big deal to wait four more years when it has been so long anyway.

3 comments:

bhartz13 said...

John, I will bet you $10 that the Cubs win more games than they Royals. The Royals, in my opinion, have a more difficult division. So, I will give you 6 games. The Cubs will win at least 7 more games than the Royals. Also, will Tier One give me a loan to buy the Cubs? Let me know.

Johnny Boehler said...

Give me five changes you would make immediately to make the Cubs a contender.

bhartz13 said...

My biggest trade would be trading Alfonso Soriano for Carlos Beltran. Next I would trade Cezear Izturez and Mark DeRosa for a better shortstop, A-Rod, Jose Reyes, anyone who gets on base a lot and can steal bases. I would have Theriot and Cedeno take turns at second base. I would also make sure Cliff Floyd gets plenty of at bats. Im not sure how many he will get now, Murton is the starter. Those are the only changes I would make. I would also be ok with getting a better 5th starter. I am affraid that the 5th starting pitcher will be rotated around a lot.