FOX News

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I've Been Tagged!

Todd from collegefootballtopten.com has tagged me. This means I need to give seven facts about myself.
  • collegefootballtopten


  • So we will give it a try.

    1.I LOVE TO HUNT AND FISH
    I have a passion for hunting and fishing. I love to hunt deer most of all. I got my first deer with a bow this year. I have shot deer with a rifle since I was 16. I also hunt turkey, pheasant, ducks, and geese. My dad started us hunting when we were very young and it is exciting, like the Nebraska football season. When my dad passed away a couple of years ago, many of the stories we still tell and memories I still have were tied to fishing and hunting. I have fished mostly along the Republican River, below where we were raised, for catfish. I do enjoy all fishing for all kinds of fish. My hunting and fishing buddies are my brothers. How much better can it get.

    2. I WAS RAISED NEAR ORLEANS, NEBRASKA
    I grew up near this small town in south-central Nebraska as I said by the Republican River. Our life was pretty simple when I was younger and we didn't have the rush-rush life we have today. Most everybody went out for all sports. Orleans was only 610 people when I went to high school. Now it is around 435. I am so glad that I was raised in this environment. We worked very hard and just enjoyed a slower quieter life.

    3. I LOVE FAMILY
    I have a great wife. Her name is Janet. She gives me space to enjoy things I like to do like hunting and fishing. She is there when I need her. I have three great girls who are grown up now. Two of my daughters, Sarah and Jessica, got married last year. They both have jobs and have great husbands. Sarah and Rob live in Lincoln. Jessica and Scott live in Omaha. Kim is in her last semester at UNL. I am very blessed. I also have two step-sons, Derek and Drew. Derek is a successful farmer. Drew is in his final year of school at Hastings College and is coaching basketball at Lawrence-Nelson. Derek and Ashley have a daughter. Drew and Whitney have a son. My mom is precious and is as nice a mother as you could ask for. I have three brothers and a sister and we are a very close family. I am very blessed.

    4. HUSKER SPORTS
    The biggest sport in Nebraska is Husker football. If you have never been to a football game in Lincoln, you should go. It is like no other in college football. In the fall, it becomes a big part of our life. Two of my daughters have worked in the football office, Sarah and Kim. Sarah worked for five years in the office and was recruiting office assistant before she changed jobs. Kim still is working there and assist Bo Pelini's secretary and is in charge of organizing the summer camps. Jessica is also a huge fan. I have season tickets and hardly ever miss a game. I also have season tickets for Nebraska basketball and enjoy going to those games also. I try to go to a few baseball games every year. It's a lot of fun.

    5. I WORK IN A BANK
    I was raised on a farm and I never ever wanted to work inside. I wanted to be an FBI agent and until my sophomore year in college, I had a criminal justice major in mind. But then somebody told me how much paperwork there was with being an FBI agent and this turned me off. Don't ask me how I got into banking and have been in this occupation for the past 33 years. I'm just not sure.

    6. I LOVE TO READ
    Reading is very enjoyable to me. I like to mix fiction with non-fiction. For instance, I read the Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell this month. The last book I read was Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck. This was given to me by Jessica and Scott. It is one of the best books I have ever read. It actually is somewhat similar to Glenn Beck's life, but not quite. It is a story that makes you appreciate what you have versus being unhappy about what you don't have. God is more important than material things (and how we act when we don't have them). It really makes you think. I have also been reading a book, The Nebraska Vault-History of the Cornhuskers by Mike Babcock. It has a wealth of information and has replicas of old tickets etc. It is written by the top historian of Nebraska football. Kim gave me this book. My next books are non-fiction. They are "Cross Country" and "Plum Spooky".

    6. I LOVE TO EAT
    It is not a coincidence that one of my favorite shows is Bizarre Foods on the Travel channel. Most of my life has been centered around food. I just love food of all kinds. I loved the Omaha Steaks package I got from Sarah and Rob. I love so many foods that cooking for me is easy. Sometimes I wish I was pickier but I am not. Of course being overweight has caused me some health problems so my eating habits are starting to change gradually. But I do love to eat!

    7. I LIKE TO WATCH TV AND GO TO THE MOVIES
    I try to DVR two or three shows every day so that I fly through the commercials and not take so much time watching TV. Boston Legal was great because I always wondered how much fun the writers had dreaming up the storylines. The Office is so funny I really look forward to watching it. I like Dateline NBC, 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, and FoxNews.
    On the movie scene, I just watched Gran Torino. Funny as can be. My all-time favorite is Christmas Vacation. I like all kinds of movies. Lastly I watch a lot of sports. I am a sports fantasy junky. I love Nascar and have watched races at five different tracks. Fantasy football is a lot of fun. I also due fantasy golf and baseball and others.

    So now I am supposed to tag seven other people who will give seven facts about themselves. I don't think I know seven bloggers. I will tag Jessica for her web site. I challenge Brad and Kim to give their seven facts on the Nebraska Sports Journal. I challenge Michael to list his seven facts on his website.
  • The Wheelers

  • Hunting and Fishing Journal



  • No comments: