FOX News

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

NU Coaches in KC

I received this in an e-mail today. Thought I would pass it on. Pretty Interesting.

NU Football Coaches in K C

> > The coaching staff was in KC, recently.
> The below is an interesting comment from a K
> C area High School coach.

> I am a high school coach in the Kansas City area.
Every month we have our Greater Kansas City Football
> Coaches Association meetings at Central States
> Distributorship (Coors and Miller). They open up all the
> taps for us and a college staff comes in to do a clinic.
>
> I have gone to the meetings for 12 years. I have seen
> KState, KU, MU, even OU. They usually bring a few coaches,
> talk for half an hour, drink a few beers and leave.
>
> Tonight was the Nebraska
> staff's turn. I was stunned when every single coach on
> the NU staff showed up, Bo included. Bo spoke at the
> beginning to approx. 500 coaches from both KS/MO, stating
> his intention to make KC players a priority. Watson and Carl
> each talked for an hour and then every coach (including BO)
> did a breakout session for another 45 minutes. They were
> still going when I had to leave.
>
> I got Bo a beer, and he told me to give his brother shit
> while he was speaking. One of the assistants from my school
> who is a TX guy even commented how hard it is to not like
> these guys. I was never more proud to be an NU fan.
> GBR.
>
>
>
> Two
> things I forgot to add:
> 1. Watching cut ups during Carl's talk made me remember
> once again what an unbelievable freak athlete Suh is.
> 2. Carl said he kept the defense in the same base set 68
> out of 72 snaps in the Arizona
> game. Only stunted 4 times.
>
>
>
> Something
> I wrote down that Carl said:
> 1. "Misalignments and missed assignments will beat you
> long before physical mismatches."
>
> 2. He believes in lots of talking on the field.
>
> 3. He gives the players a lot of responsibility in getting
> in the right defense and asks for their input during game
> planning.
>
> 4. He also told a story about how last spring Suh came to
> him and had Carl teach him every aspect of the
> defense....LB's, Secondary, stunts, coverages...all of
> it. He truly believes that once Suh understood what everyone
> did and why they did it, he raised his game to a whole new
> world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sports Online Betting is a nice online interface gaming that extracts learning and information.