FOX News

Sunday, June 16, 2013

The greatest dad ever!!

My dad was the greatest dad that ever lived. If I could change anything about my
dad, what would I have changed? Nothing. I have thought about this may times and
I honestly can't think of anything.



Dad had many passions. He had a
passion for his wife, my mom. He had a passion for his kids and grandkids. He
had a passion for his family. He had a passion for fishing and hunting. He had a
passion for visiting with people. He had a passion for his garden. He had a
passion for his faith.



Dad loved life but we lost him on October 4, 2006.
Now when I say we lost him, but he is still here living in us. Many businesses
have a mission statement and core values that drive their decisions. For myself,
since dad's death and even before that, my decisions are made by asking myself
"What would dad do?". By using this for my driving force in life, decisions have
been better and easier because I end up making decisions that are right, even if
everybody does not agree. I always know that if I do what dad would have done,
God would be very happy because he was a great example of how we are to do
things.



On this Father's Day, I think about all the great memories I have
of my dad! I think of stacking hay as dad brought in the bales with the
farmhand. Irrigation was a big part of our summer and when we had a break in the
ditch, dad and I would pitch the dirt towards the break where my sister was
laying in the ditch trying to keep the water from running so fast. A big part of
my life was all the fishing and hunting experiences I had the pleasure to be a
part of with my dad. They were events. There are so many memories. My dad was
the best hunter and fisherman I have ever seen but he was always more happy when
us kids were successful. He was proud of his family.



Even though it is
Father's Day, I feel very grateful that I have a mom that although she is
different in some ways, she is just as great. Thanks mom!



I miss my dad.
I miss him calling me and wondering when I was coming to Orleans again even
though I had been there three times in the last week. I miss driving up to mom's
house and not seeing him sitting at the patio table. I miss working with him in
his garden. I miss the hunting and fishing experiences and talking about
previous hunting and fishing experiences. I missed dad at my three daughter's
weddings. He was ALWAYS so proud of his grandkids. He loved them very much. I know he would be so happy to see all them. He would have been proud of all the greatgrandkids also. He would have been so happy of Sam and Nolan and the twins, Addison, Reese, and Harper. They are my grandkids.



I loved his stories. He was a great story teller. I could listen to them for hoursI loved him because he was the greatest dad ever!!!

No comments: