FOX News

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Mom, share your life with me......

February 23
What is the biggest problem you remember having in Sr. High School?
U don't remember any big problems, but in the 11th and 12th grade I stayed in Holdrege by myself, as Erlene and Burton had graduated. I went home on the weekends. I stayed at 4th and Blaine St  the first time by myself in a room we rented. The lady was Beatrice Sparks.

February 24
Describe a place you liked to go to be alone.
Maybe to a movie or my room I stayed in in Holdrege.

February 25
Tell of a place that you discovered or built as a "haven" for your gang.
When we were in country school, a half mile south of us was a bunch of bushes. We made a "haven" for us and pretend we had a house. We used to have a good time there.

February 26
Tell about a favorite "hang out" place for you and your friends in Jr. and Sr. High.
We always went to the Holdrege city auditorium and used to roller skate a lot.

February 27
Tell about the best pet you ever had.
The best pet is Flash, our dog, you probably remember him.  (Yes I do!)

February 28
Tell about other pets you had.
When I was at home we had a kitten call "Preta". That was our favorite cat.

March 1
Tell about being in a school play or program.
I never did be in a play or program in High School.

March 2
Tell about a school principal you remember.
The school principal in high school was Mr. Bragg

March 3
Did you ever pretend to be sick as an excuse to stay home from school?
I don't think I ever did as I missed so much school when I had rheumatic fever.

March 4
Do you have a good story about yourself cussing?
I don't think we ever dared to cuss. Dad never did any cussing so we didn't either.

March 5
Tell about how you spent your Saturdays during the school year.
I worked when I was in High School. I worked at Brown McDonalds and an usher at the movie theatre.

March 6
Tell about how you spent your Sundays.
I would go home and we always went to church at the Funk Fridheim Lutheran Church Sunday mornings. In afternoon we either went to visit our cousins or they would come to our house.

March 7
What was the naughtiest or meanest thing you remember doing in school? Were there consequences?
I can't remember doing anything mean or naughty. I know I probably did.

March 8
When on car trips, did you play car games?
We used to play the Alphabet game. who found the letters from A to Z first.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I AM JUNE'S SISTER ANS MY DAUGHTER, MICKIE SENT THIS TO ME SO I COULD READ MY SISTER'S COMMENTS. I LOVED READING ALL THAT. I WAS ALLOT YOUNGER THAN THE OTHER THREE BUT FOR ONE YEAR I WENT TO THE SAME COUNTRY SCHOOL AND PLAYED UNDER THE SAME TREES THE SAME TYPE OF PRETEND,THEN THEY REDISTRICTED AND I RODE THE SCHOOL BUS TO TOWN SCHOOL. THE REST I REMEMBER TOO.