FOX News

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Mom, Share Your Life With Me....

December 12
When did you put up your Christmas tree? Where did you get them?

Mom took care of putting the tree up, we had a small room off of the dining room where we put the tree.

December 13
How did you decorate your trees?

We had old ornaments that we used for the tree.

December 14
Did you hang a Christmas stocking?

We hung a stocking every Christmas eve. I found out their wasn't a Santa--I heard Dad say to Mom. "Shall we fill their stockigs tonight or wait until morning."

December 15
Did your Grandpa or Grandma ever make gifts for you? What?

Grandma Norman made us mittens.

December 16
Tell about the neatest present you remember giving to your Mom.

I don't remember what we gave to Mom. I think my uncle, Melvin, helped us with it.

December 17
Tell about the neatest present you remember giving to your Dad.

I don't remember what I ever gave to my Dad.

December 18
Tell about the best Christmas present you ever received as a child.

The one I remember was a wagon. We were so pleased with it,

December 19
Tell about the worst Christmas present you ever received as a child.

I think everything I got was something I could use.

December 20
Tell about your experiences with Santa Claus.

We never saw a Santa Claus.

December 21
Do you remember a "best" Christmas of childhood.

Every Christmas was the best every year Grandma Norman, Mom and Dad, and my brother Burton, and 2 sisters, Erlene and Gayle.

December 22
Tell about Holiday celebrations at a relative's house during your childhood.

We always went to Grandma Norman's in Funk at Christmas. She always had homemade wine. She served the Swedish meal.

December 23
Did your family go to a special church service at Christmas? Tell about it.

Yes we went to the Fridhem Lutheran Church in Funk.

December 24
Tell about the most memorable gifts you have given me.

John, I don't remember the most memorable gift we gave you. (From John:I think the most memorable gifts I got were a tricycle, wagon, bicycle, and boxing gloves. We usually got one nice gift a year and those along with the electric football game were the best. I never got clothes because I wore Jimmy Gessford's hand-me-downs.

December 25
Tell about the most memorable gifts I have given you.

I don't remember what you gave me. Maybe you remember. (From John: Well I don't think it was much. Barb and I didn't have money when we were younger. Dad helped us buy her an outfit or maybe an appliance for the kitchen.

December 26
Do you remember celebrating any special wedding anniversaries of your parents or grandparents?

I never knew my grandparents on Dad's side. They were in Sweden, My mother's dad died before I was born. My Mom and Dad celebrated their 50th anniversary with an open house at the Fridhem Lutheran Church in Funk.  (From John: My dad sang the "Our Father" at their anniversary.)

December 27
Share any other Christmas memory.

My grandmother, Mary Norman, always made homemade wine at Christmas.

December 28
Is there anything else you would like me to know about my childhood?

We lived on the farm, walked 2 miles every day to school in the country. We had a nice childhood.

December 29
Is there anything else that you would like me to know about your childhood?

We lived in the country east of Orleans.

December 30
Did you ever make New Year's resolutions?

No.

December 31
What special memories do you have of New Year's Eve or New Year's Day?

I really don't remember what we did for New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.  (From John: Uh, mom I think I remember. You partied just about every New Year's Eve until you got into the Steakhouse.) 

That's it!! 365 questions have been answered and we learned a lot about mom's childhood.



No comments: