FOX News

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Red White game today!!

Football starts again today!!  It should be exciting!

What to look for? Well everybody wants to see how good Tanner Lee is or Patrick O'Brien? And then there is our new defense. What's that going to look like?

There are always some no-names that come out of this game as our next top players. Many times their play in the Red White game never means anything but it gives us something to talk about.

My surprises today is Wyatt Mazour, running back, and J.D. Spielman, receiver, on offense. On defense I will go with two linebackers in Avery Roberts and Mohammed Berry. I think they will have a breakout game.

Players I really want to do good on offense is Patrick O,Brien at quarterback, and Matt Snyder at tight end. I think if these guys play real well it means a good future. Tanner Lee will probably start this fall at quarterback but Patrick O'Brien will be a factor before the season is over.

On defense, I want Luke Gifford to have a great game. I have always liked watching him. I also like Marcus Newby. We need the depth at outside linebacker. I'm interested in how Mick Stoltenberg does against our center. I think he is going to be all Big 10 this year. The change for Freedom Akinmoladun is also key. Can he play defensive end in the new 3-4.

Our offense line has to gel!!  Hopefully they are getting better. I am interested in the starters. Is Nick Gates back? Has he recovered from the bowl game? How good is Boe Wilson? Is Jalin Barnett going to be a factor this year? Is David Knevel improved?

I am interested in watching our Tyler Hoppes at tight end and Conor Young, Keyan Williams, Bryan Reimers at receiver.

Is Alex Davis quick enough to play outside linebacker? Is this his year? I think the Davis twins will be very good.

So we have lots of players and positions to watch. Should be exciting!!

Yesterday Nebraska got a Top 50 player on Rivals in Brendan "Bookie" Radley-Hines. He is a defensive back and it is a huge pickup!!  I would guess we will get 2-4 more commitments in the next three days or so. This is a team changing weekend for Nebraska. Twenty 4 Star recruits are in Lincoln!!

Nebraska basketball is after 6'11 Brady Ernst from Clinton Iowa. He originally was at Iowa St but transferred to a Juco college. Ernst was a three star recruit out of high school and was rated ahead of Michael Jacobson.

Nick Fuller is going to South Dakota to play for Craig Smith who was an assistant coach at Nebraska.

No comments: