FOX News

Monday, March 03, 2008

Fishing Outlook

With fshing around the corner, her is some good bait and luers to use.

In the Republican:
Catfish is the best thing to be fishing for in the Republican. Like I said in the last post, I like plastic worms and Bowker's stink bait. If you are putting out set lines, I suggest shad gizzards.

In Harlan:
Bass is what I suggest to be fshing for in Harlan. A few luers I suggest are as follows.



Spinnerbaits: Strike King (above), Mepps Comet Minnow #4 or the pricy Terminator Titanium.


Topwater: Heddon "Zara Spook" (right) or Rapala Skitter Poper.


Buzzbait: War Eagle.


Most of these luers can be found at Cabela's. http://www.cabelas.com/

As far as the outlook, It should be the best fishig in years. Populations should be on the rise.
People are questioning, who is "Mr. Catfish?" Well the one and only Mr. Catfish has been spotted south of Orleans on the river. Wheither Mr. Catfish is a myth or a fact, is yet to be proven.

No comments: