FOX News

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Spring Has Sprung


With the 70 degree weather yesterday, I am convinced that spring has sprung. It was colder again today and will have some more cold days before summer but spring is in the air. With that in mind, Turkey and fishing season are just around the corner. I hope the fishing in the Harlan Co. Lake and all other fishing spots in Nebraska are very productive for everyone. My personal favorite for fishing spot is the Republican river south of Orleans. It is where I learned to fish. I love going catfishing with my pole, a plastic worm and bottle of Bowker's (right). I have attached Michael Boehler's "Crockpot Catfish" recipe.


Ingredients: 2 Whole Catfish

1 C. Water

2 Tbs. Seasoning Salt


Put entire catfish into crockpot and add water and Seasoning. Cook on high until meat falls off bone, whiskers fall off face, head falls off body and skin disintegrates (usually 6-8 hours). Serve with hushpuppies and Busch Light.

2 comments:

Johnny Boehler said...

Dear Brad

What is your outlook for this year's fishing on the Republican? In your opinion, who is the real "Mr. Catfish"?

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that I should and will keep the title of "Mr Catfish" I might even go ahead and get personalized plates for my catfish car.
Mike Boehler