FOX News

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Mom, Share Your Life With Me....

November 1

Tell about how you first knew my father.
Connie came to the movie in Holdrege where my sister Gayle and I were. I didn't know him but the usher came and got me to go back to him. He wanted me to go to Orleans to the dance. I said I couldn't because my sister was with me. He said bring her so we went to Orleans to dance. This was on Christmas night, 1952.

November 2
Tell about your first date with him.
We went to Orleans to dance.

November 3
What qualities first attracted you to him?
He was in his Navy sailor suit. Very good looking.

November 4
Tell about how my dad proposed marriage to you.
We first met on Christmas day, 1952. He went back to get his discharge in January. He was discharged and came home. We started going together in January. He proposed to me in March and got married in July.

November 5
If you have a picture taken during your courtship to share, place it here.
(No Picture)

November 6
When and where were you married?
We were married at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Orleans on July 23, 1953.

November 7
What did you wear?
My mother, Gladys Karlson, made my wedding dress.

Who performed the ceremony? Who stood up for you?
No answer

November 9
Tell about other circumstances of your wedding day.
No answer

Did you go on a honeymoon?
We went to Yellowstone Park where Connie had his buddies come and they went fishing.

November 11
Do you have an Armistice Day memory?
No I can't think of any.

November 12
Tell about where you lived when you first married.
We lived in an apartment in Orleans. The apartments aren't there anymore. The Valley View Apartments are there now.

November 13
What was your job at the time?
I was a nurse for Dr. Best in Holdrege. He was an ear, eyes, nose and throat doctor.

November 14
What qualities in my dad did you try unsuccessfully to change?
Connie never had any qualities that I wanted to change. He was a great man.

November 15
Tell about the most serious problem or challenge you faced during your early years of marriage?
We didn't have any serious problems.

No comments: