FOX News

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Now I've been Tagged

This is Brad (a rare contributor to the Journal, sorry John). As you may have already read below, John got tagged by the Todd. So now, John has tagged me and I have to tell 7 things about myself. So here it goes:

1. I am a HUGE Chicago Cubs fan. I have liked them for about 15 but loved them for the last 5. I never really cared to watch baseball or even play baseball but it has become my favorite sport to watch. I can watch a Cubs game everyday, which I usually do during the season (thanks to WGN and MLB.tv). I have been to Wrigley 3 times and been to about 10 Cubs games total. I would love for them to win the World Series but I know never to get my hopes up too high.

2. Like John, I was raised in and around Orleans. I enjoyed growing up there and glad I got to live in a small town. I went to grade school in Orleans but we to high school at Southern Valley. It was nice to consolidate with Oxford and Beaver City because a lot more opportunities arose after becoming a larger school.

3. I have a wonderful wife, Renelle. She is a teach at the Middle School here in Holdrege. She has been a teacher for 4 years and she likes it somedays. She loves her job but I can't imagine dealing with 8th graders all day. John is my favorite uncle thats name starts with J on my moms side.(John, you didn't mention anything about your favorite nephew in yours. I'm very disappointed).

4. I work as a Lab Tech in the Holdrege hospital and enjoy doing that. I have to draw the blood as well as run the test too. I have been here for 5 years now. It has gone fast!

5. While working in a lab is my job, I have many other passions. My passions come and go. I watch TV and see someone do someting on there that I think looks cool and I have to try it. I used to watch (and sometimes still do) The Ace of Cake on the food network. They decorate cakes on there and they are amazing. So I had to try and decorate a cake one time. It turned out pretty well for my first time, I thought anyway. I also enjoy comedy. I have written a small book called Dumb Concepts. It's pretty much like Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy but they are ones I have made up. I am currently working on a stand-up routine. I don't know what I will do with it when it is completed because I am somewhat shy around people and especially talking infront of them so I wouldn't be able to do the act. I also enjoy making videos of funny things but don't usually because I would need other actors and I am embarrassed of asking people do be in them because they might realize that I have the most random thoughts and ideas. I also wish I knew enough about computer software to make a cartoon because I have some ideas for a cartoon (it would be a Simpsons/Family Guy type cartoon) but I'm not smart enough to put it all together.

6. I very much enjoy watching tv and thanks to DVR I can watch more tv and not feel guily because I just skip through the commercials. Here is my lineup for a week:

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report I watch MON-THUR.
Sunday: The Simpsons
Monday: Chuck, Heros, The Big Bang Theory
Tuesday: Scrubs, now American Idol, Fringe
Wednesday: Lost, Life, now American Idol
Thursday: My Name is Earl, The Office, 30 Rock, CSI (the good one)
Friday: nothing (Flashpoint might be on Fridays, I can't remember. It's been too long since it was on last.)
Saturday: SNL

I know, I watch a lot of tv.

7. My newest love is raquetball. I started playing about a month ago (never played before that) and I love it. I was terrible at first but since have moved up somewhere between bad and okay.

That's it from me. Thanks John, this was fun.

1 comment:

Johnny Boehler said...

I would like to see your stand up routine. I am also available at all times to be an actor for any of your videos as long as I don't have to take me shirt off.