FOX News

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sports Shorts


The NFL combine in Indianapolis has begun. Lydon Murtha had a great day. He was the only lineman to break five seconds in the 40 with a 4.89. It was the second fastest 40 since the inception of the combine by a lineman. WOW! He was also first in the 3 cone drill and the 20 yard shuttle. He was second in the vertical jump with a jump of 35 inches. He was 3rd in the standing broad jump.

Matt Slauson just did a couple of events and finished 3rd in the vertical jump with 34 inches and 3rd in the standing broad jump. Slauson will do his running at the PRO day in Lincoln at a later date.

Marlon Lucky and Nate Swift will perform tomorrow. Zach Potter and Cody Glenn will go Monday.

NU baseball lost today 2-1 to Louisiana/Lafayette. They are 1-1 now after winning in 15 innings Friday night. The Husker pitchers look real good but the hitting has a long way to go. Nebraska doesn't look like a team with much power. In fact it may be a few games before they hit a home run. They won't have many this year.

Jason Whitlock says with the problems in California that maybe its time to bring the Sacramento Kings back to KC. Not a bad idea. The economy is definitely better there and will be for a long time. Why not? Maybe we can see Kansas City/Omaha like it used to be. Remember Nate Archibald and Sam Lacey. It would be fun to see the NBA again. I don't really watch it much but if they were playing closer the interest would increase, for sure.

Nascar goes to California tomorrow. California is having financial trouble. I wonder if the crowds are down. I wonder if there will be a full house for the race tomorrow. Here's how I see the top ten finishers:
1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Carl Edwards
3. Matt Kenseth
4. Jeff Burton
5. Kyle Busch
6. Kevin Harvick
7. Tony Stewart
8. Jeff Gordon
9. Mark Martin
10. Kasey Kahne

Who do you put your odds on in California??

Because I am so cute, I like to tell cute jokes.
Why did the chicken cross the road? To prove to the squirrels it could be done.

A man accidentally cut off all of his fingers with a saw. The doctor said, "Thank goodness for microsurgery. Give me the fingers, and I'll sew them back on!" The man said, "I couldn't pick them up!"

I tried to build a dog house, but I only had enough dogs to build 3 walls.

How do they get the "Keep off the grass" sign on the grass?

Can you find buck teeth at the dollar store?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought they were in California this week. Why are they in Vegas?

Johnny Boehler said...

They are in California. My bad. Speaking of bad, I am watching Semi-Pro with Will Ferrell.

Kim said...

nice jokes!

Anonymous said...

I especially love the chicken joke!!